The kitchen is considered the heart and hub of activity of every home. It’s the one spot people gravitate to, not only because of nourishment, but of companionship as well. Try hosting a party, and you’ll find the guests who are hanging out in the kitchen seem to be the most cheerful and comfortable. But to maximize the warm and friendly vibe inspired by the kitchen, you’ll want to make sure the space is lovely and functional.
How about a kitchen remodel this season? It’s a huge and complex investment, but you can make the experience smoother and worry-free by learning to cover all the bases. In fact, it’s almost as easy as the alphabet. Here are the ABCs of kitchen remodeling.
A – AESTHETICS
First things first, you’ll need to decide on the overall look of your kitchen. As a rule, you should choose a design concept based on your home’s architectural style of your home. This allows for a consistent aesthetic, which in turn, makes the transition from one room to another more seamless. Otherwise, just imagine stepping out of an ultra-sleek, contemporary living room and into a rustic Farmhouse-style kitchen. If you think that’s jarring on paper, just wait until you see it in person (but no proud homeowner would actually want to do this).
Basically, the first step to a successful kitchen remodel is to look to your home’s style as a design guide. While this is the safest choice, this doesn’t actually mean you should adhere strictly to it. After all, half the fun in any home upgrade, whether it’s a siding replacement or a kitchen remodel, is to mix and match aesthetics.
For instance, you can tie together your desired kitchen design with another room’s visual elements by picking the same color palette, surface material or flooring. This can be possible even if the two spaces aren’t the same style. You do have to make sure the results will be beautiful and cohesive. Working with a reliable kitchen remodeler like Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction can help you with this. We’ll listen to your personal vision and check your design inspirations, allowing us to find ways to integrate the elements you want without taking away from your home’s style.
B – BASICS
It will be fun to just talk about kitchen design and styles all day, but without the basics, your new kitchen would be like a cardboard cutout – pretty but not exactly functional. So, the basics involve planning for a good layout, one that can comfortably accommodate two or more people working in the kitchen – and allow you to walk across the space without stubbing your toe on an appliance. The layout will ultimately depend on your needs.
Do you want a layout that allows for an island in the middle? Perhaps, you’re into the classic kitchen work triangle rule, or maybe the narrow yet functional galley kitchen (also called corridor kitchen) is more up your alley. Again, it’s a good idea to consult a dependable remodeling company.
Here are more of the basics:
- Make sure your kitchen has sufficient storage space to keep everything neat and organized.
- Choose appliances based on your lifestyle. For instance, it won’t make sense to pick a high-end stovetop, grill or fridge if cooking really isn’t your passion.
- Take the placement and installation of plumbing and electrical connections into consideration. You’ll want to ensure they are up to code.
C – CUSTOMIZATION
A kitchen remodel allows many opportunities for customization, which means you’re not just getting a kitchen – you’re investing in a kitchen that’s made just for you. Just think about it: your dream kitchen slowly being brought to life, from the handles and knobs of your new cabinetry to the gleaming surface of your marble countertops, down to the stylish pattern of the granite floor. By taking the opportunity to personalize your kitchen, you get to design a one-of-a-kind space that meets your needs. For this reason, it’s crucial that you communicate to your remodeler exactly how you want your kitchen to look and feel like.
Why You Should Work With Us
Just look up “trusted remodeler in my area” online, and you’ll be swamped with hundreds of names and listings. But one thing’s for sure, Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction will be topping the search results. Aside from providing high-quality roof replacement and siding installation, we also specialize in home remodeling. Here are some of the reasons we remain the go-to company for this service:
- We are a qualified company. Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction is licensed to perform roofing and home remodeling work in both Illinois and Wisconsin. We are also bonded and insured, carrying the applicable workers’ compensation and liability coverage for your protection.
- You’ll be working with an experienced remodeler. We have already completed countless roof installations and home remodeling projects in the area – and we’ve done so with satisfactory results. That’s because Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction has over 30 years of experience. When you turn to us for your home upgrade, you’ll have greater peace of mind knowing it will be completed to the highest quality standards.
- We are proven reliable. Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction continues to receive excellent feedback in Google My Business and Thumbtack from pleased clients. We take pride in working closely with you, taking into account your wants and goals so we can design and build a space that exceeds all your expectations. We maintain our A+ Rated status with the Better Business Bureau® because of our customer-centric approach not only to kitchen remodeling, but to siding and roof installation as well.
- You get access to extensive and exceptional products. Because Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction is dedicated to providing you with only the best options, we have partnered with some of the most trusted brands in the industry. We carry superior asphalt shingle roofing systems by GAF, tough engineered wood siding by LP® SmartSide® and stunning replacement windows by Pella®. Aside from their excellent performance, you’ll also benefit from the solid warranty coverage included with them.
Perkins All-Star Exteriors and Construction is not just your trusted expert in commercial roofing – we can also handle all your kitchen remodeling. With our top-tier options and solutions, we’ll help you create a kitchen space that perfectly suits your lifestyle needs. We proudly serve the areas in and around Antioch, IL, and Bristol, WI. Call us today at (847) 261-8892 (Antioch) or (262) 228-6822 (Bristol). You can also fill out this contact form to schedule your home evaluation. We’d love to hear from you!